Most Common Question
Most Common Questions
What do we need to get started?
When do I take ownership?
For printed materials payment in full is due before ordering takes place.
Can you come to me?
Standard hourly rates for travel outside of Charlottetown apply.
I'm on a tight budget - can you help?
What Are Your Proof Approval Terms?
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. ORDER APPROVAL
Customer is fully responsible for final proof and layout approval prior to the printing process.
More I See Design is not liable for errors in a final product caused by any of the following reasons: misspelling, grammar, punctuation, wrong design approval, or wrong color approval.
Please check the PDF file carefully to make sure all the content is correct – both the type and graphic elements. It is your responsibility to look over this proof for any typographic or content errors. Approving this job assures us that everything is accurate and you will not hold More I See Design responsible for any errors. If you have any questions or problems let us know as soon as possible by emailing [email protected] If you are having problems viewing or opening the file you may need to download the most recent version of Adobe Acrobat Reader from here…http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html
Please also note that colors vary between monitors and printers – the color you see on your monitor or printer may not be exactly the same as the color that is printed on the press. If precise color-matching is critical to your job, then we highly recommend a press-printed proof. Otherwise, we cannot guarantee colors will be accurate.
Copyright Disclaimer – please read carefully. By authorizing us to proceed into production, you acknowledge that you have read and understood the following statement:
“Customer warrants that any artwork, logos, design elements, graphics, text, or other components that it has submitted to More I See Design for printing (the “Materials”) do not infringe on the intellectual property rights, including copyright and trademark rights, of any third party. Customer agrees to indemnify More I See Design and hold it harmless as to any claims, damages, losses and expenses, including attorney’s fees, arising out of or resulting from claims that the Materials infringe on the intellectual property rights of third parties.”
Upon receiving your proof approval, a down-payment of 70% (or a specified agreement) must be made before your order will be processed on all orders.
There will be no exceptions. If you have a specific deadline, please pay promptly, as we will not be held responsible for late orders if the payment has not been received in a timely fashion.
3. ORDER CANCELLATION, RETURNS & REFUNDS
Once the order has been placed, no refunds can be issued.
Since each order is unique to the customer and has no resale value, ALL SALES ARE FINAL.
If there is a defect with your product, you are responsible for notifying Concept Design Studios within 5 business days of receiving your order. In order for us to replace your order, you must return 100% of the defective product to us within 15 days, or make arrangements in writing.
All charges related to expedited printing (Rush Printing or Shipping) are NOT REFUNDABLE, including for those orders that are returned for any reason. All orders that are being returned must be shipped at customer’s own expense.
What Are Your Terms For Web Design?
- All estimates/quotes are based on our understanding of your requirements and as per given time-frame. Any changes to the functionality including micro-improvements, may incur additional costs accordingly.
- By accepting a quote, you agree to and accept the terms and conditions of More I See Design Ltd. Acceptance can be verbal, by email, payment of Initiation, signing a quote.
- Clients to ensure that we have included all requirements in the quotes/proposals/estimates and that we fully understand their requirements. Clients must provide us with clear guidelines along with the flow or specific details they may require. When such details are not provided, we will proceed with our understanding of the requirements and quote accordingly. At a later stage, if a discrepancy arises, it may lead to additional costs to accommodate the changes. Thus, it is essential that you clarify every aspect of your website development and ensure that you have been quoted on the right requirements.
- Any complexity related to specific tasks, must be advised in advance and included in the proposal for costing purposes. We operate in good faith and rely on our clients to disclose the full picture at the time of quotation. Any discrepancy arising due to unclear requirements will not be borne by More I See Design.
- There are limited man-hours allocated to each task including Project Management and Digital Strategist/Business Analyst. Minor changes may be included within the allocated hours. This will be analysed on a case-by-case basis.
- More I See Design will make every effort to complete the project/changes in the given timeframe. Reasonable delays are accepted if functionalities are redefined or modified.
- Any delays at client’s end, may delay the project and proposed timeframes and may incur additional costs.
- Any bugs (programming errors) reported during or just after the development does not attract additional charges.
- Any re-work on an already completed task will attract additional charges. Any changes in the design after the design approval will incur additional charges.
- Any modifications requested during the development or after the Go-Live approval will incur additional charges. All additional work, over and above the estimates is charged separately. Under no circumstances will More I See Design be liable for any delays caused by change in the project brief.
- Website/application content and all related materials need to be provided to us within the first two weeks of starting the project. Any delays thereafter may delay the project and may incur additional charges if it goes beyond reasonable timeframe.
- Our websites/applications are generally tested on PCs and include near recent versions of following browsers: IE, Firefox, Chrome & Safari. If you require testing to be done on any other browser, please let us know in advance.
- Responsive/multi-device compatible web pages are tested on iPhone and iPads. If you require testing to be done on any other device, please discuss it in advance.
- If your website/application is not hosted on a More I Seeserver, any additional man-hours that may be required due to any server or network related issues are not covered in our quotes and may be charged separately.
- Please note that at any stage during the project, stalling of the project for over two calendar months will incur $99/week administration costs. Furthermore, it may increase the previously approved estimates. If you require the project to be put on hold, please advise us in writing in advance. To put the project on hold without incurring additional charges, we will need the account to be up to date based on the work done. Further details can be discussed if such a situation arises.
- More I See Design software codes (not including open source software) are copyrights of More I See Design. The codes can be handed over at an additional cost for use once all previous invoices are settled, on the condition that the codes are used only for use or modification for re-use for further development for the specified client or subsequent owners of that legal entity. Under no circumstance, the codes will be allowed to be used for re-selling or duplication purposes.
- More I SeeCMS is a proprietary CMS of More I See Design. More I See owns copyrights of all codes written for any client, unless arrangements are made prior to start of the project. More I See warrants a license to use any custom built software for the client, for their use only. This license is granted while paying for the hosting. More I See CMS cannot be transferred to any external host; this includes any access to the software codes.
- The website or software application will be designed to be deployed on the web, via using a commercial grade web-server or a similar setup. Based on your website traffic, the website may not perform if deployed on a generic office network environment.
- Depending upon the functionalities required, there may be 3rd party components such as Third Party Payment Gateways or SSL certificates involved in building a website/application. Although More I See Design does its best in recognising the suitability of any such component, any unforeseen limitations of 3rd party components are beyond our control. Any third-party component purchase costs (such as SSL, Payment gateway, Google Adwords, Plug-in licenses etc) are not included in our quotes.
- More I See Design takes no responsibility of any open source products such as WordPress, Open Source carts, Joomla etc. It is clients responsibility to update all components and third party softwares. We suggest you to take regular back-ups to avoid any disruptions.
- More I See offer packages in co-ordination with third party providers. Changes to the third party provider’s rules and policies may ultimately effect the services we provide or the terms and conditions herein.
- The client must recognize that at times there may be unforeseen circumstances that will delay the development process, particularly with reference to the integration of third party software. We will try our best to complete the project as agreed in the proposal. As long as it is within a reasonable period, the client agrees not to penalize us for any genuine delay, when every effort to keep the project on the proposed schedule is taken.
- Domain registration/renewal etc charges are not included as a part of any project/proposal unless mentioned otherwise. If required, a quote for which will be submitted separately and approved by the client.
- Hosting charges are not included in the quotations unless mentioned otherwise. More I See Design can organise an appropriate hosting solution if required, a quote for which will be submitted separately and approved by the client. Where clients decide to organise their own hosting, we should be consulted before finalising the type of hosting and database, as it should meet the requirements of the technology used for the development. Please note that we’ll require full access with hosting support for testing and deploying the application. More I See Design will not be liable for any delays or errors caused by direct or indirect actions of the hosting company.
- More I See Design generally builds and tests the websites/applications on our own servers or hosted domains. More I See cannot give access to their test servers and test websites to the clients or any third party. The website/application can be transferred-off to a nominated 3rd party server upon full payment of all invoices and dues.
- Nothwithstanding any other provision in the agreement, in consideration of the Customer entering into this agreement with Synapse, upon full payment of any outstanding invoices, More I See will grant an unconditional license to the Customer to reproduce, publish, communicate, use, exploit, vary, or otherwise deal with 1) the graphics, 2) texts and 3) images used in the published website and associated of form and functionality. This will not include the intellectual property relating to the production of the website including the digital strategies, programming codes, database structures, scripts, forms or functionalities.
- All communications/correspondences are generally done via emails. It is client’s responsibility to keep us updated with their relevant email addresses.